Everything will be different. Kylar will be out in the world for approx 10-11 hours. Connor will have met him and hopefully not freaked out at seeing me in a hospital bed, hooked up to shit. Someone else will be feeding my eldest while I recover from being sliced open and adjust to being a mommy of 2. Hubby will be on vacation and bouncing between hospital and home. It's going to be an interesting (and probably very stressful) time in our lives. I'm dreading the time in the hospital, simply because I don't know how Connor will handle being away from me for so long and I really don't know how I will handle it. I'm betting not well.
I keep thinking about the things I need to do before Kylar is born:
1. Stock up on snack food and lunch for Connor
2. Buy a fresh gallon of milk and orange juice the week we go to the hospital, to make sure he has what he needs for the mornings
3. Meal plan/prep for the first couple weeks. To be honest, I'm terrible at that, but I'm hoping to get it under control in the 7 weeks.
4. Get a dresser for Kylar
5. Finish going through Connor's old clothes and washing the ones we plan to keep while donating/selling the rest
6. Super wash the bottles and breastpump
7. Grocery shop and stock up on easy meals (frozen pizza, corn dogs, hot dogs, lunchmeat, etc)
8. Pack for the hospital (separate, long list of crap)
9. Wash all the diapers the day before the hospital so the caretaker(s) don't have to worry about running out
10. Shave my legs the night before, simply because it may be a week+ before I feel capable of doing it again
11. Make sure we have plenty of dog food and the caretaker(s) know it's fine to leave them in the sunroom with little ac unit going the whole time
12. Update our wills
13. Invest in at least 1 more nursing bra
14. Clean the guest room (aka Kylar's room) for the caretaker(s) to sleep in, unless they'd prefer our bed...?
15. Get the crib set up and moved into our room
16. Clean the tub and bathroom for the caretaker(s)
17. Get better window coverings for the guest room so the caretaker(s) aren't blinded by the sun at dawn
18. Determine how (if at all) I'll be able to see Kylar being born without having to make Hubby see it too. He's very adamant about not needing to see that again.
19. Get Connor's hair cut
20. Get Hubby's hair cut
The list goes on and on. I just keep thinking of more things that need to get done before we check into the hospital at 730 on the morning of September 7th. Exactly 7 weeks from today!!
Get your daily Nerdy fix by following us on Instagram